Sunday, April 25, 2010

Welcome to my BLOG!!

The one thing that has always been constant in my life has been a love of books. From a very small age, I learned to love and appreciate the sound of the plastic coverings on borrowed library books, the wisdom in crinkled covers and aged yellow pages, and the escape and journey contained within that binding. The appeal? Well, there are no two stories just alike. You fall in love with your characters, learn to see things from other people's point of view, get lost in a world separate from your own. And, unlike real life, books are patient. You can be in depth, enthralled, yearning for more but unable to find the time to endulge yourself into your latest and greatest book. And, finally, a few minutes here, an hour or two there- and ahhh, you're back in the story, in the journey, as if you never missed a beat. It's magic. I want to start out with pictures and reviews of some of the books I've read over the past few months, explain to you why I chose them and let you know if I struggled to finish it, couldn't put it down, cried and/or laughed out loud. I want you to know which ones you HAVE to buy for your best friend, which ones your mother-in-law will thank you for and which ones you can pass by. I have to warn you, the last few books I've read have been hard to put down. I've just become a member of an awesome site called booksneeze. I'm hoping they'll start sending me things to read and review as well. I will be starting with my first blogpost/book review on Monday. Cheers friends! Follow ME :)

No comments:

Post a Comment